Latest V5 Firmware
Lastest V5 firmware is available for all V5 embossers as a direct download via Internet (if the embosser is connected via wired or wireless network).
The firmware can also be downloaded and placed on a USB-memory for off-line updating of your embosser.
Scroll down for download link.
Please note that if you are updating from an older firmware (older than 2017-02-15) the update process may require one or more extra update steps, i.e., you will need to perform the update two times or more. The embosser will report that the update fails the first time. Please update the embosser again if this happens. After the final try, the embosser will report that the update has succeeded.
Instructions on how to update of your V5 embosser.
Firmware V5: 2017-11-06 includes:
- Support for fine tuning of alignment via the menu (printer keyboard).
- Fix for bug that could cause available wifi networks to not be detected if the SD-card in the embosser was replaced.
- Added tactile view demofiles.
Details on Firmware V5: 2017-11-06
New Functionality and Improvements
- The wizard for fine tuning of alignment can be used in the case where the printout shows problems with one or a few specific columns through out the entire page. The dots in the characters of the column many either be spaced too tightly or spaced too widely. Please note, that in the case of sideways printing (e.g., Booklet, sideways z-folding, A4-Portrait-Landscape, ...) the problem will appear on one or a few specific rows (not columns).
- Replacing the PCB (Arm7 slave processor) in an embosser with a newer PCB (m4 slave processor), will now automatically reprogram the slave processor with the correct m4-firmware. Previously a special command file had to be sent to the embosser to initiate the programming of the m4-processor.
- Added tactile view demofiles. The demo files can be found under the print menu --> print demo files.
- Fixed bug that caused certain dots to disappear or be weak.
- Fixed bug that could cause available wifi networks to not be detected if the SD-card in the embosser was replaced.