Last updated: November 11 2022
Index Braille AB
(“Index”,“us”,”we”, or “our”), respect your concerns about privacy.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data that is collected throughout our website or in any other way contacts us.
By using our website or contact us in any way, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
What data do we collect?
While being in contact with us, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- contact information (such as name email address, telephone number, postal or other physical address) for you or for others (e.g., principals in your business or billing contacts)
- information used to create an account (such as username and password)
- business profile and practices information
- billing and financial information (such as name, billing address, payment card details and bank account information and purchase history)
- IP address and location data (such as data derived from your IP address, country and zip code)
Please note that providing personal information to us is voluntary on your part. If you choose not to provide us certain information, we may not be able to offer you certain products and services, and you may not be able to access certain features.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register for an account online on our website or customer service portal
- Contact us via our contact form on our website
- correspond with us or request information from us through email or phone
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
How will we use your data?
Index collects your data and use it for various purposes such as:
- Process your order
- Process your service & support requests
- Manage your account
- Contact you with Newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you.
- When we process your order, we may send your data to, and use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We will retain and use your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
What are your data protection rights?
Index wants to make sure that you are fully aware of all your data protection rights.
Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access
– You have the right to request us for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification
– You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure
– You have the right to request us to erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing
– You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing
– You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
Examples of Cookies we use:
Session Cookies - We use Session Cookies that last during your session on our website.
Preference Cookies - We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
Security Cookies - We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
How to manage cookies?
You can set your browser to not accept cookies, however if that is the case then some of the features on our website may not function as a result.
Links to Other Sites
Our website may contain links to other sites that are not operated by us. Such links will direct you to that third party’s site.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Or write to us:
Index Braille AB