Latest Mac OS X Printer Driver with support for Index direct Braille
This driver supports direct printing from applications in Mac OS X if used with Index Braille V4 embossers running firmware 1.5.3.
May also work on Mac OS X 10.10, 10.8, 10.7 & 10.6, but has not been tested for those versions!
Now supports OSX 10.11.x (El Capitan).
Has been tested on Mac OSX 10.11 and 10.9
- Download the pkg-file
- Press and hold "CTRL"-key while clicking on the downloaded pkg-file. This will start the installation wizard. (Pressing the "CTRL"-key is neccessary since the driver is not final and has not been digitally signed).
- Follow the instructions in the installation wizard.
- Open "Printers & Scanners" in "System Preferences" and add your Index Braille printer.
- Select "Index Braille Everest, 4.0". This version works for all current Index Braille V4 embossers (Braille Box, Everest-D V4 and Basic-D V4).
- If you are connecting your embosser via a network (i.e., not via USB). Then you have to enter the IP address of the printer and you must select "Protocol". The correct Protocol is "HP Jetdirect - Socket". (The field "Queue" can be left empty).
- Select your language and grade using the menu keys of your Index Braille V4 embosser. Detailed instructions on how to set language and grade can be found here.
- Open your document in your preferred application and use the application's normal printer dialogue and select your newly added Index Braille V4 embosser.
- Preview (can open most documents in OS X)
- Pages (You can print your document directly)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader