Latest V5 Firmware
Latest V5 firmware is available free of charge.
- Upgrade via internet
This function is available when the Index V5 printer is connected to a wired or WiFi network port with internet access.
Select “Upgrade firmware from internet” from the control panel or use the BrailleApp menu.
- Upgrade from USB memory
Download the latest V5 firmware from the link in the footer of this page and save it on a USB memory. (file name: embosser-update-yyyy-mm-dd.zip)
Insert the USB memory to the V5 printer USB-host port. Select firmware upgrade from the USB memory at the control panel or use the BrailleApp menu.
Link to firmware upgrade instruction
Please note: In order to offline update the embosser, please extract the downloaded "embosser-update-files-2022_06_08.zip" archive and place the two containing .zip update files on a USB flash drive and proceed to update.
Firmware V5: 2022-06-08 includes the following:
Several improvements to the BrailleApp and embosser
- Liblouis 3.22.0 is now used for text-to-braille translation.
- BrailleApp improvements
- Added option to force document capitalization to lowercase to remove the braille capital marker character.
- Added board type on Info page - Printer information table.
- Embosser improvements
- Fixed embosser not being able to read legacy braille table.
- Raising an error if the wrong hammer batch is set in the settings.
- Speed up the start of the embosser.
- Changed sentence when embosser in sub state off and receiving a document.
- Added board type to the information page.
- Update related changes
- The update manager supports updating from different sources based on the embosser manufacturer and type.
- Using different file names for offline updating based on type of embosser.
Details on Firmware V5: 2022-06-08
- Added Russian getting started manual. (FW2-5023)
- Replaced “board model” sentence with “type” in the BrailleApp and embosser menu. (FW2-5041, FW2-5042, FW2-5043)
- Added board type to the information page. (FW2-5045, FW2-5046)
- The update manager uses different online paths to update based on the embosser model and manufacturer. (FW2-4842, FW2-5019)
- Using firmware_1365-yyyy_mm_dd.zip file name for offline updating. (FW2-5020)
- Added toggle for document capitalization in the BrailleApp. (FW2-4985, FW2-5007, FW2-5008, FW2-5009, FW2-5011, FW2-5012, FW2-5013)
- Raising an error if the wrong hammer batch is set in the embosser configuration file. The user has the possibility to send a command file to correct this error (FW2-4995)
- Speed up the start of the embosser by initializing network settings on another thread. (FW2-4996)
- Changed sentence when embosser in sub state off and receiving a document. (FW2-5032)
- Fixed embosser not starting up when a configuration file is missing. (FW2-5018)
- Fixed embosser not being able to read legacy braille table. (FW2-4994)
- Fixed an error that made impossible for the user to quit the command center. (FW2-4993)
- Fixed network showing up as not connected although it is connected. (FW2-5017)
- Adjusted name for embosser board models. (FW2-5026)
- Fixed firmware version being unknown when pressing HELP. (FW2-5027)
- Fixed speech being interrupted at boot. (FW2-5030)
- Fixed input on serial connection. (FW2-5051)