Latest V5 Firmware
Lastest V5 firmware is available for all V5 embossers as a direct download via Internet (if the embosser is connected via wired or wireless network).
The firmware can also be downloaded and placed on a USB-memory for off-line updating of your embosser.
Scroll down for download link.
Please note that if you are updating from an older firmware (older than 2017-02-15) the update process may require one or more extra update steps, i.e., you will need to perform the update two times or more. The embosser will report that the update fails the first time. Please update the embosser again if this happens. After the final try, the embosser will report that the update has succeeded.
Instructions on how to update of your V5 embosser.
Firmware V5: 2019-05-29 includes:
Several new important features for the BrailleApp.
Improvments to the embosser.
- The BrailleApp now uses its own liblouis-engine. This allows for several important improvements.
- It is now possible to back-translate a document after editing it.
- The document translation now takes place on the computer running the BrailleApp, which off-loads work from the embosser.
- The BrailleApp now has an accessible GUI wizard for editing layouts
- Support for reading liblouis braille text, by a screen reader, has now been added
- Added support for eight dot braille editing in preview
- liblouis 3.9.0 is used by the BrailleApp
- A new and improved version of the ipf file format has been created.
- Additional information is now shown for the text to braille translation tables.
- To improve the compatibility with the JAWS screen-reader, the BrailleApp now presents itself to the screen-readers as an application. As a side effect the NVDA screen-reader requires the user to manually switch to browse mode by using the NVDA + space keys combination in order to have full verbosity.
- Liblouis 3.9.0 is now used for the text-to-braille translation.
- The embosser is now in "busy-mode" when the BrailleApp is used to change layouts. It is not possible to use the keyboard when the embosser is in "busy-mode".
- Fixed problem that caused the Japanese "Extra"-translation engine to fail.
- Fixed problem that caused the current layout to be changed when the printer was restarted for Basic-d models.
- Improved search for printing head reference point for FanFold-D. Also added new user menu for easy adjustment of alignment between the printer heads for FanFold-D
- The new menu is accessed in the following way: Menu --> "User service" --> "Braille Adjustment" --> "Wizard for Braille line alignment"
In this wizard it is possible to set the distance from wall for each printer head in increments of about 0.15 mm and to print out a test page to check the alignment. When the user is satisfied with the alignment he/she can save the new adjustment in the wizard.
- Since this change affects the slave processors in the printer. The embosser will program these slave processors. During this period the embosser will say "programming print processor #".
- Fixed a problem that caused uploaded user defined tables to appear in the edit layout wizard list only after a embosser restart.
- Fixed distributor default layouts for several distributors for several paper types and liblouis tables.
Known Issues affecting the BrailleApp (will be fixed in later release)
- Documents larger than 4MB results in an error from the uploader
Details on Firmware V5: 2019-05-29
New Functionality and Improvements
- Update to release 9.0 of Liblouis tables. (FW2-3067)
- Update the edit preview GUI to be consistent across all preview types. (FW2-2942)
- Add number of printed pages in the Braille App Info page. (FW2-3016)
- Update the ipf document format. (FW2-3128)
- Various fixes for issues affecting editing of layout in the web app (FW2-2360)
- Added property en_FirstLineOffset to the advanced menu for layouts (FW2-2237)
- Created an accessible GUI wizard for editing layouts. (FW2-2973)
- Added additional information for the paper size in editing mode. (FW2-3091)
- Network scanning is now paused while editing layouts. (FW2-3121)
- Layout number is now showed in the edit dialog. (FW2-3126)
- Additional information is now showed for the text to braille translation table. (FW2-3141)
- Created a two step selection for the text to braille translation table. (FW2-3142)
- Added localization support for Update Manager. (FW2-2516)
- Changed "beta" to "pre-release" for HELP-information in embosser. (FW2-2597)
- Added the possibility to create a user defined paper. (FW2-2366)
- Use the liblouis engine and tables in the Braille App. (FW2-2954)
- Number prefix for page number is no longer "hardcoded". Fixes problem for French. (FW2-2913)
- Implemented the liblouis engine in document Preview. (FW2-2957)
- Added screen reader support for reading liblouis Braille text. (FW2-3012)
- Solved problem that sometimes caused Liblouis back translation to fail for grade 2 tables. (FW2-3015)
- Added support for eight dot Braille editting in Preview. (FW2-3070)
- Reformated the lines after (back)translating with liblouis. (FW2-3117)
- Disabled WiFi and Bluetooth menus if the module is removed. (FW2-3022)
- Added network-manager check for the WiFi technology availability. (FW2-3025)
- Implemented requests to check the technology availability. (FW2-3042)
- The Bluetooth and WiFi menus are now not accessible in the embosser menu if the module has been removed. (FW2-3148)
- Accessibility improvements for the BrailleApp. (FW2-3056)
- Preview cursor is no longer trapped in the text area when edit mode is enabled. (FW2-3057)
- Focus is moved on the first element when expanding a panel. (FW2-3059)
- Preview navigation when text is readonly is not possible in Jaws application mode. (FW2-3058)
- Focus is now set on the first parameter of the selected layout. (FW2-3060)
- The layout parameters table has bee made more intuitive for blind users. (FW2-3061)
- Toolbar and navigation bar are now presented with screen-readers. (FW2-3062)
- Notification for the first and last element in each view (subpage). (FW2-3063)
- Labels are now not focusable in Virtual PC cursor mode of Jaws. (FW2-3065)
- Added label for the layout properties list. (FW2-3138)
- Previous and next buttons now say “previous/next parameter + name”. (FW2-3140)
- Replaced layouts numbering toolbar with a select list. (FW2-3144)
- Fixed problem causing the cursor to jump to the end of the region when focus is on input fields, when using Jaws-"Virtual PC mode" . (FW2-3157)
- Locked the embosser when there is user operation in BrailleApp. (FW2-3127)
- Fixed bug that caused printer status to sometimes remain on busy after printing error. (FW2-2922)
- Fixed bug to make changing alignment values using an ESC-C command file possible. (FW2-2968)
- Creaed command to be able to reset the embosserdelta file. Which could cause problems when changing values for solenoids (FW2-2972)
- Fixed bug that caused "print production test" to fail from protected service menu (FW2-2974)
- Fixed bug that caused the "print manual"-command (from the keyboard menu) to fail on FanFold (FW2-3014)
- Fixed bug that caused printing of ipf files to repeat the content printed. (FW2-3090)