Latest V5 Firmware
Latest V5 firmware is available free of charge.
- Upgrade via internet
This function is available when the Index V5 printer is connected to a wired or WiFi network port with internet access.
Select “Upgrade firmware from internet” from the control panel or use the BrailleApp menu.
- Upgrade from USB memory
Download the latest V5 firmware from the link in the footer of this page and save it on a USB memory. (file name: embosser-update-yyyy-mm-dd.zip)
Insert the USB memory to the V5 printer USB-host port. Select firmware upgrade from the USB memory at the control panel or use the BrailleApp menu.
Link to firmware upgrade instruction
Firmware V5: 2020-10-20 includes:
Several new important features for the BrailleApp.
- Added predefined template labels.
- Choose from a variety of template labels, based on Avery standard.
- Export your own template and share it.
- Added support for setting the Time.
- Beside timezone, it is now possible to set the embosser time and date.
- Localization support included.
- For the moment available only in English, Swedish and Romanian.
- Improvements to the Label editor user interface and rules.
- Save as... option added.
- Choose your format (IBEJ , IBE or Template IBEJ) and save the label with the desired name.
- Added constraints for setting the outer margin distance value for labels.
- It cannot exceed a third of the maximum between vertical and horizontal label distancing.
- Moved the Extra dialog in the Settings tab.
- Renamed items for frame dot distance to improve the clarity.
- Improvements to the GUI design of the Communication page.
- Wider IPv4/IPv6 input fields, to allow displaying longer data.
- Included detailed information for power switches.
- Adjustments to panels in order to provide a more symetric feel.
- Added borders for all tables and lists etc.
- Improvements to the preview editor.
- Save as... option added.
- Choose your format (IPF, BRF or IBE) and save the file with the desired name.
- Page and cursor position is now maintained when switching modes.
- Switching between modes for large documents will display a progress.
Several new improvements to the embosser.
- Liblouis 3.15.0 is now used for text-to-braille translation.
- Added IPv6 support.
- You can now connect to the embosser using the IPv6 protocol, for both WiFi and Wired networks.
- Added forced update support.
- It is now possible to redo an update through the forced update option in the embosser Protected menu.
- Added connection support for the new remote-support site.
- This brings remote access to the BrailleApp, which leads to faster, easier and more reliable support.
- Added ESC sequence for activating pages in volume.
- PV - Pages in volume.
- VN - Volume page no.
Details on release Firmware V5: 2020-09-15
New Functionality and Improvements
- Opening the door is no longer possible while the embosser is printing. (FW2-1347)
- Out of bounds origos for floating pages are now rejected by the embosser. (FW2-381)
- Improved paper jam detection in Basic models. (FW2-1848)
- Printing any type of document will now show a busy message in the BrailleApp. (FW2-3983)
- Busy dialogs are now queued in order to avoid overlaying. (FW2-4284)
- Text is now left aligned, for better readability. (FW2-4203)
- Added forced update support. (FW2-4242)
- Renamed items for labels frame dot distance to improve the clarity. (FW2-4244)
- Added constraints for setting the outer margin distance value for labels. (FW2-4245)
- Image captions are not maintained for EPUBs. (FW2-4260)
- Added a progress dialog for long operations, like changing modes in preview. (FW2-4264)
- Improved the calculations for the paper Lines per page and Characters per line, for the Floating Preview and Label Editor. (FW2-4297)
- Added connection support for the new remote-support site. (FW2-4308)
- Removed the "Selected file" text from the browse field. (FW2-4318)
- Added ESC sequence for activating of pages in volume. (FW2-4364)
- Improved the graphical user interface of the Communication page. (FW2-4365)
- Cursor position and page is now maintained when switching preview modes. (FW2-4394)
- Added the possibility to connect to open WiFi networks through ESC command files. (FW2-4402)
- Added localization support for the BrailleApp - currently available only in English, Swedish and Romanian. (FW2-4182)
- Braille layout preview page is now showing localized detailed information about the parameters. (FW2-4335)
- Improved the internal Bluetooth components. (FW2-4243)
- Added IPv6 stateless autoconfiguration support for the networks. (FW2-4259)
- Added predefined template labels. (FW2-2708)
- Added the possibility to generate template labels. (FW2-4333)
- Added a browse for labels button in it's section. (FW2-4238)
- Implemented the possibility to change the date and time of the embosser. (FW2-4246)
- Added information button for the User defined paper creation. (FW2-4334)
- Liblouis updated to release version 3.15. (FW2-4379)
- Hammer batch value 1799 will now be replaced with 1735 when the embosser is starting up. (FW2-4416)
- Hammer batches prior of value 1714 will be using the default values instead. (FW2-4425)
- Added forced update option in the Service menu of the BrailleApp. (FW2-4432)
- Added option to reset configuration for trusted WiFi networks. (FW2-4418)
- Buttons for selecting or browsing for a label are now disabled, while there is one active in edit mode. (FW2-4420)
- Template labels list can now be shown in both imperial and metric systems. (FW2-4440)
- Added .template files support to the BrailleApp (FW2-4461)
- Label Editor will now display the Liblouis table used. (FW2-4463)
- Updated the template labels to match the Avery formats - can be identified by their id. (FW2-4464)
- Changed the label editor and preview of document export button to save as... (FW2-4477)
- Added option to set a file name when saving a file. (FW2-4487)
- Save as IBE will now include the MIT content. (FW2-4489)
- Added templates based on regions, for Avery labels. (FW2-4490)
- Improved the design for display of IPv4 and IPv6 details. (FW2-4476)
- Fixed bug that caused wired network configuration to not work until a system restart. (FW2-4224)
- Fixed bug that caused embosser freeze when changing wired network mode from the embosser menu. (FW2-4377)
- Fixed bug that caused B5-Landscape paper to not be found. (FW2-4252)
- Fixed issue that caused last update date to be showing different in the embosser menu and information page. (FW2-4300)
- Fixed issue that caused Swedish locale for the BrailleApp to not be loaded. (FW2-4312)
- Fixed bug that caused user defined paper to be shown way too large, in the Label Editor. (FW2-4336)
- Fixed bug that caused forced update to work only for online mode. (FW2-4366)
- Fixed bug that caused offline update to show as unavailable after an online update check. (FW2-4381)
- Fixed bug where selecting the web/desktop version of the BrailleApp would result in white screen, on iPhones. (FW2-4423)
- Fixed bug where re-plugging the ethernet cable, while the WiFi is on, led to connection failure. (FW2-4400)
- Fixed pasting bug with content taken from MIT mode. (FW2-4412)
- Fixed bug where printing from legacy label editor didn't work. (FW2-4439)
- Fixed minor bug where the visual representation of labels page was off by a few pixels. (FW2-4442)
- Fixed minor bug for warning message regarding the outer margin max value. (FW2-4441)
- Fixed bug with connection to hidden wifi networks. (FW2-4483)
- Fixed bug where changing the WiFi region didn't update correctly. (FW2-4486)