Latest V5 Firmware
Lastest V5 firmware is available for all V5 embossers as a direct download via Internet (if the embosser is connected via wired or wireless network).
The firmware can also be downloaded and placed on a USB-memory for off-line updating of your embosser.
Scroll down for download link.
Please note that if you are updating from an older firmware (older than 2017-02-15) the update process may require one or more extra update steps, i.e., you will need to perform the update two times or more. The embosser will report that the update fails the first time. Please update the embosser again if this happens. After the final try, the embosser will report that the update has succeeded.
Instructions on how to update of your V5 embosser.
Firmware V5: 2019-02-06 includes:
Several new important features for the BrailleApp.
Improvments to the embosser.
- Printer icon now shows progress of printed document and printer status.
- If you click on the printer icon it will show status and progress
- It is now possible to change WiFi settings for the WiFi connection.
- E.g., you can now set a static IP address for the WiFi connection.
- Improved handling of dxb files.
- The Braille App will warn if the formating parameters of the document are in conflict with the paper in the embosser.
- Service users can now login to a restricted access page.
- Service users can run restricted commands and show logs from the printer.
- Accessibility in preview mode has been improved with screen readers (e.g., Jaws)
- Preview mode now has a "Braille Ascii" mode which supports screen readers
- Improved display of information when the printer is busy performing a task.
- Text can now be marked, cut and pasted in preview mode.
- The Upgrade icon will show green when the firmware has successfuly upgraded.
- Font size in preview mode now takes into account layout settings.
- Current layout settings are now also shown in the floating page preview.
- Implemented a busy state manager class that includes a custom Busy (Accessible) Dialog along with timeouts for busy states across the Braille App.
- It is now possible to connect to hidden networks via the Braille App.
- Printing of previous document can now also be done after a complete restart of the embosser.
- Liblouis 3.8.0 is now used for the text-to-braille translation.
- WiFi connection can now be reset from the printer keyboard
- Improved error message handling if a firmware update from network fails.
- The printer will say that there is no connection to the Index Braille network
- The Chinese segmentation algorithm has been improved.
- WiFi can now be powered down from the Embosser.
- The Braille App will show a warning to make sure that the user doesn't accidentally disconnect.
- Fixed several issues that affect the JAWS screenreader
- Jaws gets stuck in toolbar pop-ups. (FW2-3037)
- Replace list items with another type of control for displaying text. (FW2-3038)
- The parameters table in Braille Layout should be in one window. (FW2-3039)Actions
- Show the firmware version only, when there are no updates available. (FW2-3043)
- Added hammer batch 1909
- Fixed a bug that could cause an error when printing from index-direct-braille if the BrailleApp is active.
- Fixed a bug that caused ipf-documents to not be printed when using the BrailleApp
- Fixed a bug that caused certain documents from Duxbury to "lock" the embosser, so that it wouldn't accept new documents to print.
- Fixed a bug that could cause ipf-documents not to print if a higher grade table was used.
Details on Firmware V5: 2019-02-06
New Functionality and Improvements
- Propagate printing status to the Braille App. (FW2-1529)
- Add adjustable line spacing to the embosser (FW2-2496)
- Change WiFi settings for the connected network. (FW2-2674)
- Develop the dxb parser project. (FW2-2723)
- Create a service page in the Braille App. (FW2-2813)
- Improve the busy states accessibility in the Braille App. (FW2-2876)
- Improve preview accesibility. (FW2-2878)
- Allow printing previous document also after embosser restart. (FW2-2868)
- Last file available after power down (FW2-2696)
- Mark text in preview and edit mode (FW2-2805)
- Add power options for WiFi in embosser. (FW2-2819)
- The user should confirm when disconnecting from the WiFi network. (FW2-2871)
- The upgrade icon should be green when the firmware is upgraded. (FW2-2834)
- Improve preview font size calculation to be dependant on the layout settings. (FW2-2881)
- Reset of wifi from the keyboard (FW2-2882)
- If system upgrade from internet fails because of no connection to server (FW2-2883)
- Improve the Chinese segmentation algorithm. (FW2-2884)
- Update the liblouis tables to 3.8.0. (FW2-2919)
- Show the current document page settings in the floating preview. (FW2-2925)
- Improve the busy states accessibility in the Braille App (FW2-2876)
- Connect to hidden network (FW2-2865)
- Embosser is stuck in a loop if a layout is corrupted (FW2-2831)
- Page break function in the preview does no longer work. (FW2-2886)
- Six key input doesn't work on Microsoft Edge. (FW2-2909)
- Showing table information results in error for certain tables. (FW2-2912)
- Printing documents in the floating preview page doesn't work. (FW2-2921)
- Floating preview is missing some characters. (FW2-2923)
- MessageViewDialog is always empty. (FW2-2933)
- Bluetoothswitch from the status bar is not accessible with screen readers. (FW2-2869)
Known Issues affecting the BrailleApp (to be fixed in later release)
- Documents larger than 4MB results in an error from the uploader
- Printer status sometimes appears to be busy after a printing error.