Latest V5 Firmware
Latest V5 firmware is available free of charge.
- Upgrade via internet
This function is available when the Index V5 printer is connected to a wired or WiFi network port with internet access.
Select “Upgrade firmware from internet” from the control panel or use the BrailleApp menu.
- Upgrade from USB memory
Download the latest V5 firmware from the link in the footer of this page and save it on a USB memory. (file name: embosser-update-yyyy-mm-dd.zip)
Insert the USB memory to the V5 printer USB-host port. Select firmware upgrade from the USB memory at the control panel or use the BrailleApp menu.
Link to firmware upgrade instruction
Firmware V5: 2021-03-16 includes:
New features and corrections for the BrailleApp.
- Language selection.
- The user now can manually set in what language the BrailleApp will be shown, either in browser default or other language available languages.
- Improvements for layout preview and user defined tables.
- Orientation support has been added for layout preview image. Top margin, binding margin and other parameters are showing depending on the orientation.
- Backup restore is now shown in descending order, latest will be on the top.
- Option for saving label in advanced format has been removed.
- If the router can’t associate IPv4 address to the embosser, empty address fields will be displayed.
- New localized languages and other localization related improvements.
- Maintain formatting state buttons are now more explicit and they hold special texts which are accessible with screen readers.
- Finnish, French, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean and Portuguese languages have been added to the BrailleApp.
- Information page sections are now localized.
- Pre-release update message from the toolbar has been updated from “Beta updates available” to “Pre-release updates are available.
- Information message with changed parameters when editing layout are now localized in the BrailleApp.
- Toolbar buttons have been localized in the BrailleApp.
- Backup and restore layout messages have been localized in the BrailleApp.
- Message for queued files for printing has been localized in the BrailleApp.
- New information section.
- A new section has been added to display all the browser related details, including the language which is used, browser version and browser name.
- Re-scaled page components for improving readability and accessibility.
- Toolbar buttons content have been re-scaled. If the text does not fit, the tool-tip will show the complete text and screen reader will speak all the necessary information.
- Information regarding to the current layout and label settings have been re-scaled to fit all the details, even the translated ones.
New manual, default layouts and speech sentences for the embosser.
- Liblouis 3.17.0 is now used for text-to-braille translation.
- New and corrected speech sentences.
- Refinements have been made for Czech, Danish, French and Japanese speech.
- Protected service sentences “Command center” and “Forced firmware upgrade” have been set to default (English).
- IPv6 address is spoken if it’s configured and no IPv4 is available.
- Embosser menu navigation improvements.
- OK and Arrow right buttons functionality have been unified. OK can be used to access menu items.
- Layout and user defined paper selection became circular from top to bottom.
- New default layouts and updated user manual.
- French-Ceciaa distributor layouts for BrailleBox and Fanfold-D have been added.
- New default layouts for Belgium-sensotec are now available.
- English user manual for Index Braille embossers is updated.
- Production layouts have been updated.
- Improvements related to embosser settings and production test.
- Added special hammer batches to be able to set specific pulse lengths.
- Selection of production layout for tractor feed embossers and production tests have been added. Layouts are restored if the production test is canceled.
Details on release Firmware V5: 2021-03-16
- Speak and display the correct IP address (IPv4 or IPv6). When IPv4 is not configured, the embosser will speak the IPv6 address and show it in the BrailleApp. If neither IPv4 nor IPv6 are associated, the BrailleApp will show empty address fields. (FW2-4478, FW2-4642, FW2-4643)
- Default (English) speech sentences for “Command center” and “Forced firmware upgrade” have been set. (FW2-4676)
- OK button and Arrow right functionality have been unified. OK button now can be used to access menu items. (FW2-4677)
- Layout selection became circular from top to bottom. (FW2-4685)
- Danish speech improvements have been made. (FW2-4658)
- BrailleApp language support for Finnish, Hebrew and Korean have been added. (FW2-4701)
- BrailleApp language selection has been added. This option is available on Settings page and it can switch between browser language (default) and other available languages. (FW2-4620)
- If the router can’t associate IPv4 address to the embosser, the BrailleApp will show empty address fields. (FW2-4641)
- Removed option to save label in advanced format. (FW2-4583)
- Added orientation support for layout preview picture in the BrailleApp. (FW2-4647)
- BrailleApp’s Information page sections have been completely localized. (FW2-4653)
- Pre-release update message from the toolbar has been updated from “Beta updates available” to “Pre-release updates are available”. (FW2-4649)
- French-Ceciaa distributor layouts for BrailleBox and Fanfold-D have been added. (FW2-4646)
- Either restoring backups from internal or USB will be shown in descending order, latest will be the first in the list. (FW2-4628)
- By exiting the legacy label editor, the selected file will be cleared. (FW2-4648)
- Uploaded user defined tables now are appearing inside a list. Tables which are part of a layout are differentiated with green color. (FW2-4623)
- New default layouts for Belgium-sensotec have been added. (FW2-4574)
- New Info page section with browser information has been added to the BrailleApp. (FW2-4618)
- Japanese speech has been updated. (FW2-4585)
- English user manual for Index Braille embossers has been updated. (FW2-4576)
- French speech has been rectified. (FW2-4565)
- Production layouts have been updated. (FW2-4594)
- The BrailleApp now is showing localized content for French, Japanese, Portuguese, language also. (FW2-4601)
- Added special hammer batches to be able to set specific pulse lengths. (FW2-4604)
- Message with queued files for printing has been localized in the BrailleApp. (FW2-4624)
- Selected file for preview now is automatically cleared when exiting the Preview page. (FW2-4605)
- Label editor information lists have been re-scaled to fit all the details, even the translated ones. (FW2-4608)
- Toolbar buttons content have been re-scaled. If the text does not fit, the tool-tip will show the complete text. (FW2-4609)
- Selection of production layout for tractor feed embossers and production tests have been added. Layouts are restored if the production test is canceled. (FW2-4573)
- Toolbar buttons have been localized in the BrailleApp. (FW2-4593)
- Backup and restore layout messages have been localized in the BrailleApp. (FW2-4607)
- Information message with changed parameters when editing layout are now localized in the BrailleApp. (FW2-4637)
- Inaccurate displaying of Binding margin for booklet has been fixed. (FW2-4717)
- Bug that caused the BrailleApp to become stuck in Braille to Text conversion has been solved. (FW2-4711)
- Speech interruptions caused by ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture) have been fixed. (FW2-4665)
- Fixed bug that caused the BrailleApp to crash if there were no consecutive layout numbering. (FW2-4673)
- Wrong “lines per page” attribute when creating labels has been fixed. (FW2-4669, FW2-4682)
- Bug that caused showing dot 6 instead of spaces in legacy label editor has been fixed. (FW2-4683)
- Alignment of navigation buttons and text editor of the BrailleApp has been fixed for Hebrew. (FW2-4699)
- Fixed bug that caused information page to not be populated correctly, renamed Browser sections. (FW2-4662)
- Vertical double sided label printing has been fixed. The front and back side dots will not print on each other. (FW2-4480)
- Fixed faulty Bluetooth connection establishing when the device was known as paired by the embosser, but it was not paired on the device. (FW2-4485)
- Fixed bug that caused Label Editor faulty handling for unsupported paper sizes. Now, if the paper is not supported, a custom user defined table will be created automatically. (FW2-4596)
- Fixed bug that caused Label Editor to not update correctly the number of labels. (FW2-4582)
- Message for number of labels changed in Legacy Label Editor has been fixed. The exact number was not showed correctly. (FW2-4584)
- Fixed bug that caused number of pages to be reverted after a reboot. (FW2-4572)
- Fixed bug that caused the embosser to speak wrong sentences. (FW2-4600, FW2-4630)
- Fixed bug that impeded embosser to print previous document for booklet double sided. (FW2-4459)
- Fixed bug that caused the layout preview to be not always loaded in the BrailleApp. (FW2-4606)
- Fixed bug that caused the idB led to not turn off after printing certain documents like command files. (FW2-4482)
- Printing and previewing online version of word documents have been fixed. (FW2-4619)
- Please note that the embosser may speak wrong sentences when updating. This issue has been fixed in this release and after the embosser will restart it will speak the correct sentences regarding updates.