Everest V2 paper calibration-X
Instructions for Firmware above 8.30 (3-bit speech) and above 9.30 (4-bit speech):
Measure the paper size
Measure the paper length in millimeters. The paper length is needed during paper calibration.
Start paper calibration with “Item + Power On”
- Place your paper in the sheet feeder in LANDSCAPE orientation.
- Press ”item” during power on until beeps are sounded from the embosser.
-First paper will be fed to calibrate the reflective paper sensor value.
The paper length in millimeter for A4 landscape will be echoed out "210".
- State the paper length of your paper by pressing “1” = +1, or “10” = -1. Each step is 0.15 millimeters. Press ”setup” to save value.
- One paper will be fed through.
- Paper length for your paper (next step) in millimeter will echo out "297"
- Place your paper in the sheet feeder in POTRAIT orientation, and give the length of your paper by pressing “1” = +1, or “10” = -1. Each step is 0.15 millimeters. Press "setup" to save the value.
- Two papers will be fed through.
- Everest will echo the calibrated page layout, “lines per page” and “print lines per page”.
Verify page layout
Press the “value” key and the embosser will state the active page format “lines per page” and “print lines per page”. This information is required when setting up your braille editor.