How to print braille from a smart phone
Before printing, ensure that your portable device and Index V5 printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the browser on your smart phone.
- Type the IP address of the V5 braille printer on the web address bar on your mobile device. (If you do not know the printer IP address, press HELP+10 on the control panel to get it).
- The Printer Web App will appear.
- Press the action icon and select the print menu.
- Browse your file and fetch it.
- Press 'Upload file' to send the file to the Index V5 printer.
- Within seconds Index-direct-Braille (idB) will translate the file into braille and format it to the braille page layout set up in the active layout.