Vertical alignment adjustment V3-X
Adjustments are made by moving the middle dot row, dots 2 and 5.
- Press help + multiple.
- Echo "help mode 100 start at #.##" (0.00 = default).
- Adjust the middle row by 1, 10 and multiple (numerical values). Each step is 0.01 millimeters and increasing values move the middle dot row to the left.
- Press setup to save the adjusted vertical alignment value.
- Echo "save #.##"
- an alignment test page with the adjusted values is embossed.
- 4Waves Only
Repeat step 1-3 for modules 2, 3 and 4 to adjust vertical alignment on all modules.
Checking vertical alignment mechanics
If the above instructions do not give acceptable results please check the following:
- Gear wheel, gear bar and spring stretcher
- Stepper motor, stepper motor brackets, stepping motor cables and stepping motor drivers
- Paper movement rollers and formula tractors
For help with the parts mentioned you may refer to the V3 exploded views (formally known as service manual) for part names. See Basic-D V3 or Everest V3.