Setup a TCP/IP port to an Index embosser
Check the Embossers current IP address:
Press HELP+10 and the embosser will echo the current IP address; for example in this format 192.168.4.24. If the IP address is 0.0.0.0, no IP port is connected to the V5 embosser. Help+1 prints Network information in letter graphics and braille.
Make sure the latest Index printer driver is installed.
On your computer select:
- Start/ All programs/ Index Braille
- Ensure that the latest Index Braille printer driver is installed. If not download it here.
Setup the IP port to the Index embosser
The setup of the TCP/IP port is now completed.
- Start devices and printers, select "Add a printer"
- Select "Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer"
- Press on "The printer I want isn´t listed"
- Select "Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or host name" press next
- Select Device type "TCP/IP Device", insert the IP number and press next (Wait quite long)
- Select/ Generic Network Card press next
- Select Manufacturer Index Braille AB and your embosser model, press next
- Select Use the driver that is currently installed (recommended), press next
- Printer name, name the printer. The recommendation name in this case is BrailleBox V5 IP24, press next.
- Select if this printer should be shared, press next
- Press Finish
For instructions including screen shots of the setup process please visit Network Setup in our Knowledge Base.