Latest V5 Firmware
Latest V5 firmware is available free of charge.
- Upgrade via internet
This function is available when the Index V5 printer is connected to a wired or WiFi network port with internet access.
Select “Upgrade firmware from internet” from the control panel or use the BrailleApp menu.
- Upgrade from USB memory
Download the latest V5 firmware from the link in the footer of this page and save it on a USB memory. (file name: embosser-update-yyyy-mm-dd.zip)
Insert the USB memory to the V5 printer USB-host port. Select firmware upgrade from the USB memory at the control panel or use the BrailleApp menu.
Link to firmware upgrade instruction
Firmware V5: 2022-03-21 includes the following:
Several improvements to the BrailleApp and embosser
- Liblouis 3.19.0 is now used for text-to-braille translation.
- BrailleApp localization
- Kazakh, Portuguese (Brazil) and Urdu languages have been added to the supported list.
- French translations have been updated.
- Speech translation improvements
- Danish, French and Russian translations have been updated.
- New embosser manuals
- Danish and Spanish "Getting started" braille manuals have been added.
- Flash parameters
- Hardware related parameters are now stored in flash and will be used with priority over the ones stored in the file system.
- Added support for a new hammer batch (2213). (FW2-4990)
- Added support for a new hammer batch (2203). (FW2-4968)
- Hardware related parameters are now saved to flash. (FW2-4969, FW2-4977)
- Fixed issue with command 510 to clear the spool directory and the document in memory. (FW2-4973)
- Fixed a bug that would cause speech interruptions. (FW2-4963)
- Fixed command for clearing the spool directory. (FW2-4965)
- Fixed path issue for the embosser keyboard. (FW2-4955)
- Added error messages in case setting the WiFi MAC adress fails. (FW2-4962)
Details on release Firmware V5: 2021-11-17
- Added "Getting started" braille manuals for Danish and Spanish. (FW2-4917, FW2-4933)
- Added improved Danish, French and Russian speech translations. (FW2-4934, FW2-4939, FW2-4946, FW2-4950)
- Kazakh, Portuguese (Brazil) and Urdu languages have been added to the BrailleApp and they are now available to be selected on the Settings page. (FW2-4910, FW2-4948)
- French translations for the BrailleApp have been updated. (FW2-4940)
- Added support for the new S-U300 servo. (FW2-4929)
- Serial port is now read from the slave configuration file. (FW2-4922)
- Added command for force closing of braille tray for BrailleBox V5 (FW2-4941)
- Removed localization for BrailleApp shortcuts. (FW2-4909)
- Fixed a bug that caused blocking calls to update manager. (FW2-4944)