|By upgrading to firmware 2019-10-15 on V5 printers you get the following:
- 25% higher speed on Basic-D and Everest-D.
- New layout of the BrailleApp print function, which makes it possible to edit the text in six-key-entry and MIT braille. The text is also back translated by Liblouis and presented in normal text.
- Adjustable line spacing on Basic-D and Everest-D
- Liblouis revision 3.11 text-to-braille translation
- MAC addresses for wired network and WiFi network, presented in the BrailleApp
- Japanese braille file format (BSE2BASE)
|The higher printing speed is available after upgrading to latest firmware and the printing speed is set to draft. |
The new draft printing speed is available on Basic-D V5 and Everest-D V5, produced after 2018-10-17 (serial number 68528 or higher). It is achieved by an optimized printing algorithm and by increasing the speed of the embossing head.
- Update the firmware in MENU/USER SERVICE/FIRMWARE UPDATE/FROM INTERNET/ OK
- Set the printing speed to draft by: MENU/USER SERVICE/PRINTING SPEED/DRAFT:HIGH:NORMAL:LOW
VIDEO V5 SPEED INCREASE
|All models of Index printers and acoustic hoods are exhibit at EBU General Assembly. The Assembly and Exhibition are hosted by the Italian Union of the Blind and Partially Sighted (UICI). It will be held at the Mercure Roma West Hotel, Italy. |
|Index Basic-D V5, Everest-D V5 and the acoustic hoods are exhibited at the annual Sight World in Tokyo by Extra Corporation. |
Sight World will be held at Sumida Industry Hall - Sunrise Hall in Kinschico on the 8th floor in Tokyo.